Toronto and Mexico City, Jan 2009-present
Designer, illustrator and calligrapher. My clients include the
Ontario Ministry of the Environment, TechSoup Canada, GolfStyle Magazine,
the University of Toronto, The Centre for Social Innovation, Anima Leadership and others.
Toronto, Mar 2009 – Aug 2010
My duties at Pride Toronto included:
• Recruiting and supervising graphic designers.
• Redesigning the organization’s brand identity.
• Producing all necessary marketing assets for the festival including
guides, posters, flyers, print and web ads, etc.
Mexico City, Jan 2007 – Jan 2008
My duties at QUMMA included:
• Managing all art staff, as well as all freelancers.
• Working together with the CEO to restructure the area and establish
• Developing style guides for new products.
Mexico City, Jan 2007 – Dec 2007
Children and Young Adult BooksAt this publishing company,
the largest in Latin America, I was in charge of:
• Art-directing all new children and young adult titles, and overseeing reprinting of older books.
• Working effectively with staff to ensure quality colour reproduction
and compliance with ISO 9001-2000 standards.
• Eliminating on-press mishaps, which were fully absent during my tenure.
Assistant Art Director
Dublin, New Hampshire, May 2001 – Sep 2006
At this New England institution, with a circulation of 500,000, I was in charge of:
• Art-Directing and designing all layouts for Yankee’s Travel Guide
to New England, and creating all necessary illustrations.
• Styling food, home, and lifestyle photo shoots.
• Designing Yankee Magazine layouts and collateral.
• Producing, wroting, and illustrating web articles.
• Selecting and assigning photo shoots and illustrations.
Peterborough, New Hampshire, May 1999 – Mar 2001
At this lifestyle magazine, I:
• Supervised four designers.
• Exceeded budgetary goals, met all press deadlines.
• Managed and conceived all visual aspects of a monthly book,
newsletter, poster, and Web site.
• Helped rise circulation from 60,000 to 120,000.
Mexico City, Jan 1997 – May 1998
At OMNI Net, a now defunct website design studio, my responsibilities were to:
• Supervise two designers.
• Translate bilingual projects.
• Write and edit HTML code for web publishing.
Mexico City, Jan 1993 – Mar 1994
My very first professional job, at QUMMA (were I returned in 2007),
I was in charge of creating up to ten daily illustrations.